Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

MailSecurity: support SMIME Domain Certificates for encryption

Being able to encrypt all emails of a specific domain with only a single certificate. This makes message based email encryption an lot easier and astaro more compatible with other email encryption players

248 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gert HansenGert Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James BrownJames Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be fantastic. We have had to spend a fortune getting S/MIME certs for all our email users. If only we could use one for the whole domain - that would be great.

• Timm SchneiderTimm Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        what we need here is the possibility to but another root-CA Certificate on the Sophos UTM like CA-Cert.

• Jens MeyerJens Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe version 8.2 still does not support site-to-site encryption! We are going to lose customers to competitors if Astaro does not implement this feature in the near future. The current situation really gets us into trouble as many customers expect such a functionality when a product is called "mail security". Telling them that this title is misleading really does not help to make people believe in the quality of Astaro products.

• Stephan FietzekStephan Fietzek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe there is no RFC standard for domain certificates but there are many companies outside using this. So I hope Astaro will support them in the future.

• XeviousXevious commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I phoned with Astaro about this and they told me that the reason for not implementing this that there is no RFC/standard for this + it would break one of the principles/goals of encryption (authenticity).

• StoomarooStoomaroo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No words of mine can express the heartfelt loss at seeing that this functionality does not exist (yet?) in the Astaro gateway products.

For business partners with whom we want to send critical business emails...time to look for another alternative...sigh...

Feedback and Knowledge Base