Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Networking: DHCP Relay over VPN tunnel

Customers uses more and more central DHCP servers therefore we need to extend the DHCP-Relay option to also support forwarding the relay requests via an established Site-to-Site tunnel. Support a centralzied DHCP configuration scenario

126 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gert HansenGert Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NherNher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is this possible now? I'm trying to setup dhcp relay via Site-to-Site (IPSec) but it doesn't work.

Client->ASG====S2S=====ASG->DHCP server

• Elmar HaagElmar Haag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sinve v8.0, IPsec is not bound to separate ipsecX interfaces any more. It´s just bound to the physical ethX device where the tunnel ends.
        So you can simply use your LAN and your WAN interface in the DHCP Relay configuration to enable dhcp relaying over the VPN tunnel. Successfully tested with 8.102..

• a.n.INtIMEa.n.INtIME commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we too are planning to roll out the ASGs to our branch offices and migrate from our managed mpls networks. The ASGs shall operate in HA and Uplink Failover modes. DHCP Relaying is really critical to us as all AD-Clients and network devices are centrally managed. Implementation of this feature will decide if we can stick to the ASG or have to watch for an other solution. RED is no option.

• alexandre.cugnotalexandre.cugnot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are thinking to move from ASTARO 7.502 (cluser licence and 55 sattelite site) to another solution. This option is mandatory and present in smaller solution than astaro (home adsl router for example)
        Where can i find the plannig of the dev trunk ?

• RuudRuud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a showstopper for us, every other manufacturer supports this feature, why does Ostario not?
        When is this going to be implemented?

Feedback and Knowledge Base