Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Network Security: Create firewall rule(s) directly from Live Log

In order to make fine tuning of our product packet filter configuration easier, we should add a way to create packet filter rules with a small wizard so that if i see any packet that i want to explicitly drop or allow i can start a mini-wizard that helps to create a matching packet filter rule by either selecting existing definition objects or offering an easy way to create new definition objects, which later than get used in the pf rule..

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gert HansenGert Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Didier3001Didier3001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the idea to be able to create new packet filter rules based on the live log. The best would be to be able to select multiple entries at the same time to create one single rule that contains multiple ports / host / destination. I was looking for this suggestion but I did not easily find it so I would suggest to add some keywords in the description. Keywords such as "Create rules based on logs" or "easily create new firewall rules"

• marcusmarcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the same wizard that the SMTP manager was a good idea to debug ans to see the activity in the live logs

Feedback and Knowledge Base