Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Authentication: Delete UTM user-object when deleted from backend server

When we remove a user from our LDAP Directory (namely eDirectory or ActiveDirectory) the User in UTM is untouched. It would be nice if the UTM could know about this and purge its matching user-object as well. (Or display us a report of users who are no longer seen on the backend server so we could trigger a delete periodically).

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael GoodMichael Good shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    dwmdwm shared a merged idea: Authentication: Sync AD Deletions  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RheptorRheptor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this feature available too for the same reasons as mentioned before.

Currently im researching the possibilities to provide user authorization for a wireless network from a directory of subscribed members. So when a member is remove from a certain group on the directory, at least the active switch in the user data of the UTM should be set to FALSE.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this become now a must not nice to have, since all companies want to have one access control, and if we add capability to active existing users on UTM to avoid a manual operations.

• IngoIngo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see that very much.
        A huge number of Remote Access users coming from the backend (AD) clutters the network definitions and fills it up a lot.

It would be nice if unused/expired/non existent accounts would be periodically checked and removed (or as mentioned before listed separately to bulk-delete them)

• Ramon LustratiRamon Lustrati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature and should be easy to implement, because the astaro is reaching the ldap on a easy way

• Gert HansenGert Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current design requires to create a shadow account of the user from the active directory. The reason for this is, that we create a cert/key pair for this user automatically on the fly which is needed for additional authentication and this information can not be stored in the AD as Astaro never writes to the AD.

But we do NOT store the password of the user in this cached user account. we only cache it for 15min (i think). This means if the disable the account in the AD or remove it from the group, he will NOT be able to log in anymore after 15min, as we do the password authentication against the AD then. If he still can, it is a bug.

regards
        Gert

Feedback and Knowledge Base