Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Networking: IPv6 DHCP Interfaces

One of my ISPs has begun offering IPv6 addresses through DHCP to capable connected systems. This currently doesn't work with UTM as the Cable Modem (DHCP) interface type only supports IPv4 addressing.

It would be nice if a DHCP type interface could be configured which could pull an IPv6 address.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott KlassenScott Klassen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • prillerpriller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to obtain IPv6 addressing (DHCP-PD) has become basic functionality . Without it, you risk becoming irrelevant. It's time to get to with it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed this should be supported, both directly where the ipv6 address is provided by the ISP, as well as where the ipv6 address is a tunnel.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It would awesome to have an DHCP interface that supports IPv6. I use Comcast at home and at the office and this is a must have now.

• George CoburnGeorge Coburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My ISP (Internode in Australia) also offers this service, and the service lacking in the product prevents me from deploying a bridged UTM with IPv6.

• prillerpriller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Comcast actively rolling out dual-stack IPv6 .... DHCP-PD ... this is not just a nice to have, it's real requirement.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With ISPs starting to implement dual stack on their customer networks this is a very important feature.

I applaud Astaro for implementing IPv6 over static interfaces, but I can't test the IPv6 setup at work over a native connection if I can't get my home Astaro box to connect via native IPv6!

Feedback and Knowledge Base