Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Networking: Local Radius Server on ASG

Cause small offices (planning offices, Laywers, etc.) are not using a windows server AD but like to use WLAN (cause there´s no cabeling needed) a local radius server would be helpful (i.e. available on Linksys Routers with TinyPEAP or via DD-WRT) to authentificate the users with a central security. So a local user database is still on the ASG. Why not implement an optional radius server instead of pointing to a local one on a windows server?

307 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dirk EndlerDirk Endler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add more Functionality and options to the RADIUS setup  ·   · 

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does not seem to be a huge request to simple authenticate off the local users. I think most need some user based wireless security beyond the hotspot concept. (Many other vendors have this and I am losing out work to this)

• Konstanze ArnoldKonstanze Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only helpful for the named features and small offices.
        When i'm using the OTP Feature in 9.2, then it would great i could other services authenticate with UTM configured OTP-Token.
        At first i think about 2nd factor Auth on a Citrix Netscaler Access Gateway.
        Then would the user have only one OTP-Token for Services on UTM _and_ Citrix Webservices.
        The cause for the need is, that Citrix HTTPS Service for ICA based Applications wont work proper with a Reverse Proxy (like Webserver Protection on UTM). Revise me if i'm wrong.

• KloanaKloana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can you review this idea, because i think it would be very helpfull for small to medium offices,....

• rbarbrowrbarbrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't need it to be Radius per say I just want AD authentication for WIFI, you can do it VPN it shouldn't be a huge leap to implement

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would even be useful in a AD environment, to centralise control of AP's and logging, while using the users credentials in AD for authentication.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I need!
        You can already use a variety of authentication services for the user portal, why not use that list of users! WiFi shouldn't depend on another server to function properly.

• Timm SchneiderTimm Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, yeah this would be a great idea. Right now those customers buy Fortgate´s because they have a local radius.

• GillesGilles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The integration of FreeRadius would be a great feature for small to medium offices that do not use an AD.

• BrucekConvergentBrucekConvergent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can't add a local Radius, "fake it" using the local user DB... this would be a great feature to have for small installs, etc. that do not have additional servers available to provide RADIUS authentication.

• DmitryiDmitryi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very helpful. It would allow to use 802.1X authentication in the networks

Feedback and Knowledge Base