Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Authentication: Support SAML2

It would be nice if the Astaro products would support SAML2 for SSO. There are enough modules out on the market now so that it shouldn't be hard to support. Couly make some things easier with proxy auth. Thanks

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daryn CallahanDaryn Callahan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alan ToewsAlan Toews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not an expert, but isn't SAML meant for sharing session authentication information server to servers, and not between client and server?

I thought it was more meant to allow you to authenticate with service A, for instance, then service A could redirect you to service B, and you wouldn't have to sign in again. It would pass along a saml token to validate your identity. Could this be used somehow used to enhance or replace the current edir or AD sso models Astaro uses?

• Daryn CallahanDaryn Callahan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SAML2(Security Assertion Markup Language) is supported by many systems. Configuration is easy but very flexible and standardized. Major vendors(M$, Novell, SUN, Oracle, SAP etc) have implementations. Please consider and VOTE!

Feedback and Knowledge Base