Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Networking: Per-User Bandwidth Graphs (QoS Graph)

Add the ability to see selected (or all), bandwidth graphs per user. I would like to be able to specifically show my users, that they are using X amount bandwidth.

741 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vivek RajputVivek Rajput shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Traffic accounting  ·   · 
    Eric KasperEric Kasper shared a merged idea: monitor actual bandwidth by ip  ·   · 
    endymion56endymion56 shared a merged idea: Add a vpn traffic graph per user  ·   · 
    Ronny VasquezRonny Vasquez shared a merged idea: Reporting: Bandwidth per user (sso, ad, ead, etc)  ·   · 

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vivek RajputVivek Rajput commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@William it is very difficult or almost impossible to prove QOS, when you have 4000 users, you can not prove without graph or any kind of reporting.

• Adrien BelcourtAdrien Belcourt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For stuff that is important operationally; if I cannot prove it - I cannot use it. Have not used Astaro QOS since V4 for customer applications.

William, I understand where you are coming from for V7/8. I can see, in general terms, that I have stopped bittorrent from occupying 95% of the available download bandwidth, or I have stopped FTP from swamping SQL traffic on the uplink. I can do that. However, I cannot prove my Highest Priority VoIP bandwidth pool is passing 100% of traffic and not discarding packets when I hammer the uplink with lower priority (FTP, etc.) traffic. This is the top application for me.

Version 4 QOS was the best Astaro have ever had. It provided a count of the number of packets being passed & discarded against the high/normal/low bandwidth queues. I could allocate VoIP to high priority & check no packet discard when hammering Astaro with FTP. Job done. Simple, elegant, and provably working. A serious feature for serious applications. Happily deployed V4 QOS for media streaming company.

Have not touched it since. Shame, because it looks like V8 QOS could deliver the onions.

• William WarrenWilliam Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sure there is. look at the dashbooard and see what they are using. It says how any megabits are going through the interface. You can easily prove overall QOS is working very easily. the reports hows tip ip and top user usage...

• Adrien BelcourtAdrien Belcourt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no way to prove QOS is working without this.

Traffic accounting done on a per QOS rule - and a new QOS reporting category in reports, perhaps?

(Of course I might just create QOS rules per user to see what they are upto :-)

Nearly every other function in Astaro has reporting to show/prove value.

• Vivek RajputVivek Rajput commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, in report there is nothing related, second think i have feature request for per user or per group Bandwidth Graph(QOS Graph), and it does not matter what mod we are using.

• William WarrenWilliam Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is already built into the reporting. If you are using either SSO or internal authentication this data shows up in the reports.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base