Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Outdoor Wireless Access Point Model

Outdoor Wireless APs for mesh networking on outdoor environments.

255 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tasos VeresesTasos Vereses shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LucianoLuciano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are implementing a Mesh Network for a small residence with AP50. To protect the APs we are using plastic cover but it would be better for the future some models designed for external use on high post, maybe electrical post. This will add a nice feature to Sophos. Thanks

• Jindřich RosičkaJindřich Rosička commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially for ISPs is really necessary. With captive portal you can use it very well for up-sell, but it requires outdoor AP’s.
        It is also very good for customers having 2 buildings without direct cabel connection (across the street).
        Be aware for special areas , where is this possibility exists workaround:
        As a workaround modify AP10 or AP50 with longer external antennas: the device itself can be mounted indoor – long antennas to external areas can offer the outdoor radiation.

• Elmar HaagElmar Haag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would this be a workaround: install the AP into a rain/wetness protected plastic case, you can buy these for 10-15 Euros in every wifi supplies shop.

Feedback and Knowledge Base