Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

How can we improve Sophos Mobile Solutions?

Compliance Check for Profiles (iOS/Android etc) with Action Possibility

In the current version 3.0, if a user removes an installed profile (a profiled transferred by SMC), we see only a non-compliancy X in the overview or details of the device.
We should implement the possibility to take action like in the "passcode required" compliancy check, so that we define a set of profiles as "required", like we currently to with app white/blacklisting and if one or more of these profiles are removed by the user we can take action with our 3 step method (EAS block, Notification, Taskbundle).

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Yannick EscuderoYannick Escudero shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yannick EscuderoYannick Escudero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good point Thomas, I agree with Alexis's comment and I would even go step further and put all the "Profiles" with settings that can be changed afterwards by the user manually, in a new category, for example in iOS that's the option "Roaming/Hotspot settings", even if the profile is on the device the device should show up as non-compliant, because the user changed or deleted the setting/value.
        Maybe this is more something for the compliance check tab.

• AlexisAlexis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

non-removable only works for iOS
        and the main issue here is with Android where we can't verify if the profile is still applied on the device : wifi, vpn, exchange, pwd, restrictions ....

Feedback and Knowledge Base